Students with an intellectual disability are eligible to apply. All applicants must be enrolled in the NYS Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) waiver and receive SSI. Applicants can apply to the program prior to acceptance in the OPWDD waiver and or SSI benefits, however, if the applicant is accepted into the program, both the waiver and SSI must be obtained before being accepted into the program.
If you are a resident of NYS, contact your local NYS OPWDD Department of Developmental Services Office to learn how to apply for Medicaid services.
Students are required to submit the following documentation along with the application and a one-page essay. Your service coordinator will be able to help you submit some of the required documentation.
- Copy of SSI award letter
- Most recent Individual Service Plan (ISP) (created by Medicaid Service Coordinator)
- Letter of Determination of Eligibility for OPWDD services
- Notice of Decision letter to show you are Medicaid Waiver Enrolled
- DDP2 (created by Medicaid Service Coordinator)
- Psychological Evaluation (Most Recent)
- High-school transcripts
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Two Recommendation Forms filled out by non-family members
- Parent/Guardian Assessment of Daily Living Skills Form
Contact Colleen Dergosits (email@example.com) at 518-218-0000 ext. 4625 to learn more about the program.